Wednesday, 18 April 2012

RIP DICK CLARK


I was so saddened to hear about Dick Clark's passing.  I grew up watching American Bandstand every Saturday.  And, if you are an old fogey like me, you'll remember him doing the Dr. Pepper commercials where they displayed a recipe of heating Dr. Pepper and then pouring it into a punch cup containing a thin slice of lemon. Also in the commercial are a bunch of cool teenagers listening to "records" and dancing.  How cool!  I never tried the Dr. Pepper punch.

He will always be an icon from my generation.

1 comment:

Syl said...

My sympathies also. You never heard any dirt about Dick Clark or if there was he was gentlemanly enough to know how to handle it.

I remember the Rate a Record spot.

TEEN AGED GIRL: "I gave it an 82 because it had a good beat and you can dance to it."