Saturday, 16 June 2012

I did not realize that I haven't posted in a week.  I guess I have been so busy with work.  I am really enjoying my job.  I had a little bit of a set back on Friday, but it worked out.  I prepared a presentation for my boss and emailed it to the person in charge of getting it put on the projector.  When she went to give her presentation, what was on the screen was different from her hard copy.  She thought that maybe she and I had a communication problem, but then found out that it was reformatted after I sent it.  She has the personality that she can laugh it off.  She said it was no big deal, but it was a big deal to me.  I worried that I had really messed up, but was relieved to find out that it was not my fault.  It sort of made me mad that I got upset for nothing.  One positive about the situation is that it has motivated me to push myself to do a great job...not a good job, but a great job.

My mother continues to improve.  She will be able to go home on Thursday.  She is ready. 

I spent this morning cleaning my mother's house.  It was tidy, but has been closed up for three weeks.  It needed dusting, vacuuming and mopping.  My mother always mops her hardwood floors with Murphy's oil soap.  She doesn't know this, but I mopped the floors with Mrs. Meyer's All Purpose Cleaner in the lemon verbena scent.  They look fantastic, plus the house smells so fresh.  I wonder if the Mrs. Meyer's stripped off the Murphy's and that is why they look so good. 

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!