Sunday, 19 June 2011

This weekend was sort of good. 

Friday, right before we left work, we found out that our company had sold.  I think it may be a good thing for our department.  After work, I drove up to my mother's house.

Saturday, we ran errands and did a few chores.   My mother had not talked to my sister at all on Friday, so she gave her a call.  She had some bittersweet news for us.  My sister and brother-in-law are foster parents.  A couple of years ago, they became foster parents to a 17 month old little boy.  He stole not only our hearts, but everyone that he met.  He lived with them for 15 months and was then transitioned back into the home with his biological parents.  It almost killed us.  In the past couple of months, he has spent a couple of nights with my sister and brother-in-law.  Friday night, he was taken out of the home of his parents. The parents are not abusive, but have other issues. While we are excited to have him back, he is real confused about everything.  There is a hearing tomorrow to see what will become of him.  I have a feeling that he will be staying with my sister and brother-in-law for a while.  My sister may bring him down here this weekend.  It will be a nice distraction for him.  My sister and brother-in-law had a cookout in his honor last night.  Everyone had a good time. 

This morning after church, we went to lunch and then home to give Bo a bath.  After that, we went to the cemetery to visit with my mother's nieces and nephews.  It was nice to see everyone again.

I'm home now.  It is good to relax.

I hope everyone has a great Monday.

1 comment:

The Preppy Princess said...

Wow, that's a lot of stuff going on, between the company being sold and your sister's situation! I am sending you good thoughts Miss PC&T,
tp