Monday, 8 October 2012

I know, it has been a couple of weeks since I posted.  I've been busy getting ready to go out of town and then I was out of town for a few days.

BFF MAB and I went to Williamsburg for a few days.  I had a great time.  I didn't want to come home.   We stayed busy seeing the sights and going to programs.  We both were able to exercise some control over our eating while we were there.  We ate until we were satisfied and then stopped.  We planned our meals so that we could enjoy a dessert at only one meal  We also managed to work in some shopping.

I had some good luck in shopping.  We spent a couple of hours at the outlets.  At Kate Spade, I bought a pair of gold bow earrings and a pair of red/gold bow earrings.  I couldn't walk out of there without buying three bow bangles.  I bought gold, black/gold and kelly green/gold.  They were outlet priced plus 40% off.  At Talbot's, I bought five long sleeved tees.  The colors I bought are burgundy, rust, camel, olive green and gray.  At Pendleton, I bought a navy suit blazer, a navy jumper and two OCBD's - yellow and light blue.  At Brooks Brothers, I bought two blouses.

Most of the things that I bought I got in the historic area and in Merchant's Square.  I bought cardigans at Binn's, a Longchamp Le Pliage at Closet Envy, horn shaped candle holders at Williamsburg at Home.  Some pieces of tavern dishes at Greenhow's store.  I bought my niece a Hotch Potch doll at Tarpley's.  I can't wait to give it to her.  I almost forgot that I bought a black wool duffel coat and a Dress Stewart scarf at Scotland, Ltd.  I just love that store.

I know that I bought a lot of stuff, but I use my fall vacation to do my yearly shopping.

I hope everyone has a great Monday.  Happy Columbus Day!

2 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

*waves* Helloooo! I hope you are having a nice autumn!

crabbygirl said...

Wow, that's a great haul!! I miss Pigeon Forge so much now that I live in Texas. Personally I do not think of Texas as being in the south.