Wednesday, 10 March 2010

I read that between midnight and noon today, the county that I live in had 5 inches of rain. That's a lot of rain. And there's more on the way. When I turned into my neighborhood, I noticed that the street was yucky. I imagine that earlier in the day it was flooded, and when the flood waters receded, it left the debris.

Today, Queenie and I hosted a 30th anniversary party for our maintenance man at work. Close to a hundred people responded to say that they would be there. We had sandwich trays, fruit, veggies and cookies. We also had potato chips and chex mix as filler food. I think he really appreciated it. We had an entire tray of sandwiches left, a lot of veggies and a lot of fruit. That means lunch tomorrow.

Not only did I have that event, but there were some superiors in from out of town. I had to order lunch and beverages for them and the others in my department. By the time the party was over, I was exhausted. My foot was really hurting when I left work.

I came home from work and did some light cleaning and laundry. Now I have my foot propped up where it will stay until bedtime.

I hope everyone has a good Thursday.

No comments: