Wednesday, 3 March 2010

This has been a fairly slow week at work. Queenie and I have been busy planning a service anniversary party for the maintenance man. Our maintenance man is a great guy. He has been with the bank for 30 years. The woman that he reports to was going to do the party, but decided against it, because (1) it was not in the budget and (2) he had a party for his 25th anniversary (we don't remember it). We decided that we would plan it. We are taking a collection to cover food and whatever is left over, we will give to him as a monetary gift. This man deserves it. He will do anything for anybody and never complains.

I'm sitting here right now watching Sixteen Candles. It is such a fun movie. Anthony Michael Hall plays the perfect geek. And all of his geeky friends. How scary! Jake Ryan, what a hunk! Does anybody use the work "hunk" anymore? I never have been able to figure out the girl with the brace.

I have Sirius radio in my car. I've had it for years and I listen to the same 3 or 4 stations all of the time. Last week I decided that I would listen to a different station every day. Today, I listened to the 90's station. I don't know where I was in the 90's, but I didn't recognize any of the songs. This afternoon, they played a few that I recognized. I guess, I've been stuck in the 80's. I normally listen to the 80's, Pops, or the Sinatra stations. Tomorrow, I'm going to listen to the 40's station. I've listen to it before. To me it's a happy station. I feel like I'm in a Fred and Ginger movie. What does everyone else listen to?

I hope everyone has a good Thursday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like The Coffe House (channel 30). Mostly acoustic versions of songs!

What Kate Wore said...

What a nice function to plan, even with the challenges of no budget, etc. And I can't wait to hear how wearing dresses again goes!

Have a good week Miss PC&T!
tp