Tuesday, 5 July 2011

I hope everyone had a nice Fourth.  We really did.

We cleaned up after our Sunday night visit from my 22 month old nephew.  We didn't have a traditional 4th of July meal, but it was delicious.  We had fried pork chops, green beans, fresh corn on the cob, new potatoes, fresh cucumber and fresh tomatoes.  We had it both Sunday and Monday. 

After lunch yesterday, we had a visit from my sister and her 3 year old.  He had fun visiting with us.  After they left, we went to Sonic to get a Sonic Blast, but they closed at 7:00 and it was 7:04.  We then went to the Dairy Queen and got blizzards.  YUM!  We then went to visit my mother's friend and drop off some agendas that I typed for her.  As we were leaving her house, my sister called and they were on their way to watch fireworks and told us to join them.  We didn't want to fight the crowd at the park, so we parked in the breakdown lane on the highway bridge and watched from there.  For once it was cool outside.  We opened the windows and the sunroof and enjoyed the cool, fresh air. 

Today, we just piddled and did a few chores.  I wanted a nice relaxing weekend, and I got it.  I'm not looking forward to going to work tomorrow, but I guess I have to.  Only 7 more weeks until my vacation to Maine.  I can't wait.

I don't get my internet and cable until Saturday.  I didn't realize how addicted I was to both until I didn't have either.  I've been reading, listening to the radio and watching DVD's.

I hope everyone has a great remainder of the week.

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Glad to hear that you had a good, relaxing weekend. Those are the best!

Hope you are having a good week!

Miss Janice said...

Where are you going in Maine? Sounds exciting!