Monday, 2 January 2012

I hope everyone had a nice New Year's holiday weekend.  I did.  I'm sort of glad that the holidays are over so that things can get somewhat back to normal.

Friday, I was able to leave work early.  It was nice to get to my mother's house about an hour and a half earlier than usual.

Saturday, we went to Huntsville.  We went to Sam's, Belk's, Tuesday Morning, Books-a-Million, The Fresh Market, Publix and Target.  My sister gave me a Keurig machine for Christmas.  For some reason, she gave me a pack of Holiday coffees.  I don't drink coffee at all, and she knows it.  As soon as I opened it, she told me that I could take it back to Belk's and swap it for tea. That's what I did on Saturday.  While in Belk's, I bought some Lauren by Ralph Lauren towels in green.  They are so soft.  We went to Tuesday Morning looking for Peacock Alley flannel sheets.  We had to go to both Tuesday Morning's to find them. It was worth the search.

After our shopping trip, we relaxed and watched the Auburn-Virginia game.  Fortunately, Auburn won...War Eagle!

Sunday was a lazy day.  Even though we planned to relax, we still cooked turnip greens, field peas (we don't like black-eyed peas...at all), pork tenderloin and mashed potatoes.  YUM!  We had enough left over for lunch today.  My cousin and nephew also enjoyed leftovers.

I made the mistake of weighing myself this morning.  I weighed 10 pounds more than I thought.   YIKES!!!  I started my diet immediately.  I think I am going to ride my stationary bicycle while I watch recordings of Murder, She Wrote.  For all of you Murder, She Wrote fans, the show it now on TVLand at 11:00 am Central Time (Noon - Eastern Time). 

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

No comments: