Monday, 16 January 2012

Last week was probably one of the worst weeks of my life.  Monday started off with finding out that our entire department had been eliminated as of June 1. 

I've been reconnecting with contacts to let them know that I am in the market for a new job. Everyone was so sympathetic.  A former coworker is going to see if her boss may have something for me.

I posted for a Executive Assistant position at work. I didn't even notice who the assistant would support.  My boss pointed out that it was the Regional President.  He already has an assistant...a good friend of mine.  YIKES!  All of a sudden, I felt like a back stabber.  I finally got up the nerve to let her know that her job was being posted.  She checked with HR and found out that it was a mistake.  Thank goodness.  I would have hated for her to be moved without her knowledge and then me get the job.  I'm patiently waiting for more jobs to be posted on the job postings site.

My mother, my cousin and I went to Nashville on Saturday.  We stopped off and visited with my cousin's brother (also my cousin).  Then we hit the malls.  I went to the Brooks Brothers "346" store in Franklin.  I bought 3 blouses: pink, blue and white.  I also bought a navy merino wool cardigan.  At Green Hills, I bought a pair of Tory Burch Revas in black at Nordstrom and some organization and cleaning supplies at The Container Store. 

Sunday was a lazy day.  After church, I took a nap and watched TV.  Can't get any lazier than that.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Good luck with the job search. Starting with you network is a great place to start. I'm sure you will land on your feet. Oh, BTW I tagged you over at Madras N' Pearls.