Sunday, 5 September 2010

I'M BACK!

I'm back from Williamsburg. I had a great time. The weather was hot, but I enjoyed it anyway. BFF MAB and I take a trip every year. This year we chose Williamsburg.

We attended several evening programs. We saw "Fashion Before Ease..A Play with Clothes", "Tavern Ghost Walk", "Courage or Cowardice", "Cry Witch", "Jumpin' the Broom", and "Pirates Amongst Us". All of them were great. One day, we went to Yorktown. We visited shops, ate lunch at the Carrot Tree and took a sailing trip on a schooner. Another day, we drove to the Lynchburg area to visit Poplar Forest, Thomas Jefferson's retreat. We also ate at the Taverns and shopped. We shopped at the outlets, in the historic area, and in Market Square. I was able to snag two Austin Reed skirts at the Scottish store. They were on sale, since the brand is no longer available. For those of you that like Austin Reed, they have a few pieces left. I bought a black skirt and a navy skirt. I would have loved a red skirt, but they were all gone. If any of you see any Austin Reed, let me know. Also, if you are in the market for it, you may want to contact the Scottish store in Market Square in Williamsburg. The selection was limited. They had black, navy, and winter white. All they had in red was jackets.

Since tomorrow is a holiday and I don't have to work, I am going to be lazy. I'm going to go to Publix first thing. Then I am going to come home, make a pot of vegetable soup and lay around and watch television. I am looking forward to it.

I had a great time on my trip, but it is great to be home.

I hope everyone has a nice restful Labor Day.

4 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I love love lazy days! Sounds like a great plan. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Socially Savvy said...

Willamsburg is wonderful - glad you got to go with your BFF. Have a relaxing Labor Day!

Anonymous said...

I love Publix! Enjoy your 'lazy' day! :)

Beth Dunn said...

I love it there!
xoxo
SC