Sunday, 12 September 2010

Yesterday morning, I had to get up at 2:45 to take my mother and three of her friends to the airport. They left at 6:00 am to go to NYC to board a cruise ship. They will spend a week enjoying New England, St. John, and Halifax. When we got to the airport, there were many soldiers there. At first we thought it was for security since it was September 11. Then we realized that they were there to welcome the last of the WWII veterans that were going to take the Honor Flight to Washington DC to see the WWII Memorial plus other sites. There were also bikers there with American Flags. These heroes got a great sendoff and a great welcome back.

On the way home, I stopped at Wal-Mart and got a few things. There were only two other shoppers besides me. When I got home, I took Bo for a walk and went back to bed. He let me sleep for another hour and a half. I spent a few hours just relaxing. About 4:00, I went over to my sister's house for hot dogs, cake and ice cream. It was one of her "children's" first birthday. He was so cute. For some reason, my sister did not make it home with his small birthday cake. They ran to Piggly Wiggly to get another. All they could find was a Hummingbird Cake. He loved it. He ate and ate. He had cake all over him. Everyone had a great time. After the party, several of us stayed around to watch the Alabama-Penn State game. I'm not really into Alabama football, but I watched a little bit of the game.

About 6:30, I came home to take Bo out. When we got to the yard that is three houses down, he wanted to stay and play in the yard. I could not get him to leave. Finally, I imitated a big dog barking. It scared him enough to get him to go home. When I turned around there was my mother's other neighbor outside. I hope he didn't hear me. He's a social work for a mental health facility. He may think he is going to get a new case. After Bo's walk, I went back over to my sister's house and stayed until bedtime.

I'm going to leave early to go back to Birmingham. I want to get home in time to make some vegetable soup to eat for lunch this week. I love vegetable soup, plus it is a good way to get in all of my vegetables.

I hope everyone enjoys the remainder of your Sunday.


Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Ouch...2:45Am is eaaarly! You are a very good daughter!! Sounds like you had a great weekend otherwise though.

The Preppy Princess said...

That is one early wake-up call, but seeing all those wonderful military folks must have been something else. :)

Sending you a smile,