Saturday, 9 February 2008

I am in a women's service club. Each year the president decides on a project and what charity will be benefited. This year the charity is the children of the YWCA. The YWCA offers an after school program and Montesori school for extremely low income children and children of women who are victims of domestic violence. Our project was a chili/bingo luncheon along with a raffle. The chili/bingo luncheon was today at a local Catholic Church. It was very well attended. After the luncheon, I went to the local outlets for a quit bit of shopping. It advertises 32 stores, but I didn't see 32. I went to the Ralph Lauren outlet where I bought 2 long sleeve skinny polos - yellow and pink, a boys size XL t-shirt in orange with navy polo man (for Auburn of course) and some sneaker socks. I went to the Lenox outlet where I bought 2 Kate Spade pink and green bread and butter plates. They were 75% off. I don't know what I will do with them, but I couldn't pass them up. I'm not a big Tommy Hilfiger fan; as a matter of fact, I'm not a fan at all. Something told me to go the the Tommy outlet. I found cotton cable crew necks for $14.99. I bought a yellow one and a pink one. After I left the outlets, I met BFF MAB for dinner at a restaurant called Costas. They specialize in Mediteranean food. MAB got the baked ziti and I got the chicken soulvaki. They brought MAB enough ziti for about 4 people. She only ate about 1/4 of it and took the remainder home. I ate 1/2 of my soulvaki. After that I topped the evening off by going to Big Lots to buy spray starch. OH BOY! I'm proud of my preppy finds and now they can look nice with decent spray starch. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

No comments: