Monday, 17 August 2009

Today was a busy day at work. It's the busiest day that I have had in a long time. I had to fill in for the mail guy today. I dressed real casual because I thought we would get the remnants of Tropical Storm Claudette, but it did not start raining until after 5:00. It only sprinkled.

I have a predicament at work that I need some advice on. As you all know, my position is pretty much eliminated. I'm just waiting on September 30 for them to decide what to do with me. The man that is over the Commercial Real Estate department called me into his office the other day. He was inquiring about my status. He told me that there was the possibility that he would need me for his department. I was very flattered. I figured that he could care less about my future at the bank. He said that I would be his assistant and would do reports and some of the clerical tasks in the department. The pros to the job are that I would get to hang on for a while, I would get to learn something new, and I would get to work with nice people. The cons are that it would be almost a demotion, I would be working with Queenie, and I'm afraid that she would assume that she was my supervisor. I'm also afraid that if a good position comes available somewhere else, I would feel like a heel leaving. If I take this position, I would have to have loan training. I would hate for them to waste time training me and then I would be leaving. Of course, that is a big "IF". I have until Friday to decide. I really don't know what to do.

I hope everyone has a good Tuesday.

1 comment:

Casey said...

I say take the job - any job is better than no job at this point. Look at it as temporary work while you look for something else. Plus the additional training may be useful in the future. The pros outway the cons.