Sunday, 7 February 2010

I went to my mother's this weekend. It is the first time I have been there since I was able to come back home on January 21. I was going to go last weekend, but the icy roads kept me here. It rained most of the way there, but I was very careful and made it there safely. Since it was yucky outside, we opted for canned soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.

Saturday, we went to lunch and then grocery shopping. Then it was home to relax and watch TV. After about 5 years without gas logs, my mother finally got them repaired. We really enjoyed them this weekend. This morning, we skipped church and met one of my mother's friends at Ruby Tuesday's for brunch. It was good, but not what we really wanted. Then it was home to relax, read and watch Andy Griffith.

I left early to come back home. I listened to the Super Bowl on Sirius. I rarely watch professional football, but I do watch the Super Bowl, especially if the Colts are playing. I've been a big fan of Payton Manning since he was a freshman at Tennessee. When I was a teenager, I was a fan of Archie Manning, both at Ole Miss and the Saints. The Mannings are all right by me. They have class. Well, now it is New Orleans 31 and Indianapolis 17 with 3:10 left in the game. I guess it would be too much to ask for a Colts win. Oh well. I guess New Orleans deserves to win the Super Bowl this once.

I hope everyone has a good Monday.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I love the Colts, too. Well, really any team that Peyton is playing for.