Sunday, 9 May 2010

I hope everyone has had a good Sunday, and I hope all of you mothers had a Happy Mother's Day.

Friday night, I worked at Relay for Life. I wasn't able to do as much as I could in the past, but I tried. Our team sold BBQ sandwiches, chips and drinks. We had 6 Boston butts and only had enough meat left for 3 sandwiches leftover. The team in the next tent sold ice cream, cupcakes, and fried pies. You know where I was after I ate a sandwich. My sister said it was the best ever. My family lives in a town that has an approximate population of about 15,000, and the county has an approximate population of less than 50,000. Relay for Life raised $140,000. We felt that was great, especially in today's economy. Cancer effects everyone, so I guess everyone feels the need to help. One team raised $2,500 just by selling lollipops. I was impressed.

Saturday, my mother and I went to Huntsville. I bought myself two Lilly Pulitzer dresses. I bought the Worth Shift in Poppy Pink Mini Fly by Patch and the Andover Dress in Limeade Purrfect Paradise. The Andover Dress was on sale. I also bought a Vineyard Vines Classic Patchwork Tote. I already have the VV Mini Patchwork Tote, but I wanted something bigger. My mother found the perfect pair of black pants at Talbot's, so I bought them for her for Mother's Day. It was nice to get home early and rest. I think we were still tired from Friday night.

Today, we got up, went to Church, went to lunch and then home. Before we knew it, it was 5:00 and time to get back home.

I hope everyone has a good Monday.

1 comment:

Miss Janice said...

Food eaten at the Relay for Life doesn't count against your diet!!! It's all for the cause:)