Saturday, 2 April 2011

Today did not start very well, but it ended up being a good day.

First of all, I woke up at 5:15 with a headache. I got up, ate a snack and took some aspirin. In a few minutes, it was gone. Later, I got up, showered, ate breakfast and made it to the Volvo dealership by 7:55. They open at 8:00 and I was the second one in line. I wanted to be first. When it was my turn to check in, the guy said since I had called yesterday, he would go ahead and put me first. Yay me. As I was going into the lounge, I noticed that my headache was back. It felt like sinus. I got some peanuts out of the machine to eat so that I could take some sinus medicine. By the time that they were finished with my car, I was so sleepy that I couldn't hold my eyes open. I came home and laid down, but I never went to sleep. After I felt better, I got up and did some housework. After lunch, I just laid around and watched TV. I fell asleep for a little while. I woke up when a phone rang on the TV show that I was watching. A few minutes later BFF MAB called and we had a nice chat.

Tonight, I went to a wedding reception for a coworker at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens. It was a nice reception and the bride was beautiful. It was nice to visit with coworkers away from the office, along with their spouses. We have such a nice group of folks in our area. The good thing about it was that I was able to stick with my diet. I had chicken on skewers, fruit and cheese. I drank diet coke instead of wine. I wore my black Austin Reed skirt, a Barney's New York camel cashmere cardigan, a black brooch, Talbot's large faux pearl choker with matching earrings, and my Salvatore Ferragamo flats. This was the first time that I have been able to wear these shoes in almost two years. By the end of the evening, the right shoe was beginning to feel a little bit tight, but I made it.

Tomorrow, I have a few errands to run. Then it will be home to do laundry and a few chores.

 I hope everyone has a great Sunday.

No comments: