Tuesday, 15 January 2008

Why is it that the people who don't work can delegate the most? Today when I got to work, I had an email from my coworker that doesn't do any work asking me to go to HR and get the paycheck stubs and distribute them. I was extremely busy. I emailed her back and said that I couldn't. About 11:00, I was over near her desk and noticed that it was clean. All afternoon I noticed that she didn't have anything to do. I don't think she can multi task. She probably had 2 extra emails that was going to monopolize her 15 minutes in the morning. I was put out all day. With the merger getting ready to close in a few weeks, our department is extremely busy. Who knows what the next few weeks will bring.

I met a friend for dinner at a new place called Newk's Cafe. I think it is a small chain out of Oxford, MS. I had the Cobb Salad. It was so good and so huge. I couldn't finish it, and I have a hearty appetite. If there is one in your area, I highly recommend it. I think that they are in Mississippi, Alabama and Tennessee. Every thing in the salad was so fresh. We went to Paper Affair. I bought 2 boxes of Caspari Christmas cards for less that $3.50/box. The ones that I bought have Scottie dogs on them. Even though I don't have a dog, I love pictures of Scotties. So does my mother.

The weather man is predicting wintry weather for tomorrow evening. I'm not going to hold my breath about a snow day. Every time I plan chores for the snow day, it rains. I need a snow day so that I can clean house early and then lay around in my pj's and watch TV and drink hot tea.

1 comment:

*Pink Preppy Party Girl* said...

Hi~
Thanks for stopping by my blog and conmmenting. I am new to this also and mine is very much a
"work in progress". Hopefully I will be able to check out more of the blogs listed later.