Wednesday, 9 January 2008

Work was slow today. I am in the process of working on a report, but I have to wait on others to give me their reports in order to finish. I mentioned that I work for a mid-sized bank. Well, we are being acquired by an extremely large Canadian Bank. As a matter of fact, it is the largest bank in Canada. They are keeping as many people as they can, but like in any merger, many will lose their jobs. So far, I will be able to keep my job. I try to keep a low profile, it's better that way. My boss will be going from being the CFO to being a market president. New things for both of us to learn. I have a coworker who doesn't do very much. She was told when the merger was announced to keep "doing what you do". We haven't figured out what it is that she does. She sits with her hands folded 95% of the day. The other 5% of the day, she is "swamped".

Last night about 9:30, it started raining and it rained for a long time. We really need the rain.BAD. Everything looked so nice and clean this morning.

I had to stop by Publix today. I was out of a few things including my new night time treat, Canfield's Diet Cherry Fudge Soda. It is wonderful. It tastes like Hershey's chocolate syrup and creme de marachino mixed together YUM!!

6 comments:

lisagh said...

Good to have another preppy girl on the circuit! Can't wait to read more.

Tammy B said...

Thanks for stopping by.

Preppy Sue said...

Hi Tammy, just stopping in to say hello! Our supermarket carries a few six packs of Tab on the shelves (compared to the cases of Coke and Pepsi products). I will think of you when I see them now!

ElleBee said...

Hi Tammy! Saw your site on Lisagh's. Looking forward to reading more!

prepinparadise said...

Yeah Publix! Have you tried diet Dr. Pepper cherry chocolate? Yum!

Tammy B said...

I haven't tried the cherry chocolate diet dr pepper yet, but plan to. I have a coupon that was in InStyle magazine.