Monday, 21 September 2009

I am not believing all of this rain. It has not rained as much here as it has in the Atlanta area. I noticed this morning that the Cahaba River was over it banks. I just heard that it is supposed to rain until Sunday. YUCK! We will be drenched.

This past weekend, I went to my mother's. Saturday, we were going to do some minor cleaning, eat lunch, buy groceries and then be lazy. We did not stop until about 8:00 pm. So much for being lazy. Yesterday, we cooked dinner for my sister's family. Today is my sister's birthday. My sister seemed to enjoy the dinner. She's having family problems right now. She and my brother-in-law have two foster sons. One is 17 years old and the other is 17 months old. The 17 year old is a great kid but is very jealous of the 17 month old, and it is very obvious. I told my mother that I sort of feel sorry for the 17 year old, but I think he brings a lot of it on himself. He can't help feeling jealous, and if he lets it, the jealousy will eat him alive. I hope he can find a way to come to terms with it. He says hurting things about the 17 month old, but then he will talk kind about him. I think that is his way of sounding off. My sister gets really angry when he mistreats the 17 month old. Maybe someone can talk to him.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday. Maybe we will dry out soon.

No comments: