Wednesday, 11 August 2010

It's been really busy at work this week. First of all, my coworker is on vacation this week and I have been covering her desk. Today, my boss had a big meeting with some very important people. I had to arrange meeting space and order food. The meeting was a success. Tomorrow there are more meetings, but they don't require any work from me. I may use the quiet time to catch up.

Today, a former coworker emailed me just to chat. Then she admitted that she had just had words with her boss and she was shaking and close to tears. She said that she was close to the breaking point and wanted to quit her job. She was hoping to be able to contact her former boss and ask him if there was a place for her on his team. It brought tears to my eyes. I cried for her. I know she is miserable, but I can't do anything about it. I feel so helpless. Hopefully, she can make contact with her former boss. I thought about contacting my former boss, but felt like it may make matters worse.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday.

1 comment:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Sounds like you have a busy week on your hands! I think it was smart not to make calls on her behalf at this point- no need to make matters worse. Have a great end of the week!