Monday, 4 October 2010

I did it! I wore regular shoes all day. Tomorrow I plan to wear my 25+ year old Bass Weejuns. While cleaning them, I noticed that they had something that most shoes don't....an arch support. They may be the shoes that I wear most days until I get used to regular shoes. I would like to have a new pair of Revas, but I want to wait until I know that my foot has reached it permanent size.


Fall has arrived in Alabama. Last night when I went to bed the temperature in my home was very comfortable. I woke up at 3:30 am and was freezing. I got up and changed from my summer pj's to a flannal nightgown. A couple of hours later, I got up and decided that I might need to turn on a little bit of heat. I put the thermostat on 66 and the auxiliary heat come on. It must have been 63 or lower. BRRR! When I left for work, my car was cold. I realized that I had left the sunroof open the last time that I drove it. It was 44 when I left for work. But, not to worry, the high Thursday, Friday and Saturday will be 81. I guess that will be Indian Summer.


Tomorrow I'm wearing navy chinos, a green turtleneck sweater, navy/green argyle socks and my weejuns...and a boiled wool jacket.


I hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Love your outfit!! xoxo

Living Life in the Lowcountry said...

Yea for regular shoes!
I am loving the cooler weather here too!

JulesTX said...

Congrats on getting back into regular shoes !

What Kate Wore said...

Yee-hah on the shoes, good for you! (And I love the outfit, especially the boiled wool jacket.)

Happy smiles to you,
tp

Miss Janice said...

The outfit sounds darling. I wish I had some broken-in Weejuns!