Sunday, 24 October 2010

I've had a very busy weekend. I went to my mother's house for the weekend.

Friday night, we went out to eat and then back home.

Saturday, we had planned on taking a short trip to do something fun or go somewhere fun for lunch, but my brother-in-law called us early to see if we would be able to babysit until my sister finished her shift selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts for a fundraiser. We gladly said yes. We kept the 2 1/2 year old and my sister's oldest son kept the one year old. He was so good. We had fun. We walked to the local elementary school and let him play on the playground. Then we went to run an errand. On the way back home, we took him by the fire station so that he could see the fire trucks. Then we rode around a neighborhood to let him look at people's fall decorations. After he was picked up, we went to deliver doughnuts that my mother's friends purchased. Later, my sister and brother-in-law invited us to eat.

This afternoon after church, we went to lunch and then to the grocery store. Then it was home, to give Bo a bath. After bathtime, we cooked a banana pudding and baked cookies to take to family night at church. I went and stayed an hour. While there, I manned the basketball toss. All of the little children had fun, but my sister's children had a blast. It was such a huge success that they are going to try to do it every month. I think I'm going to take a day of vacation the day after next month's family night so that I can stay and enjoy it.

It is raining here right now. It is supposed to rain here for a few day. It has not rained here in so long. Everything is so dry that small fires ignite. Maybe the rain will help.

I hope everyone has a good Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I'm glad you and your family had so much fun :)