Tuesday, 28 December 2010

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I did. Our family has always had our family Christmas dinner and party on Christmas Eve. I think it always had to do with my father owning a business that was open on Christmas Day. He gave his employees the day off and we worked. He really didn't want to be open on Christmas, but the amount of business was too foolish to waste. Now that we have sold the business, we don't have to work on Christmas Day, but we still like our Christmas Eve celebration. A few years ago for Christmas Eve, my mother served ham, potato salad, deviled eggs, chips, pickles, brownies and cookies. My sister and brother-in-law voted to make that our traditional Christmas Eve menu. It seems like everywhere we go from Thanksgiving to Christmas we eat the same thing. The ham and potato salad is a break from that. And, we use china and crystal. Christmas Day, we always eat the leftovers.

This year, we were snowed in, so my mother and I just sat around, watched TV, read and napped. Sunday, we took down the Christmas tree and decorations. Then we sat around and was lazy.

Monday, I took a vacation day. I was so mad that the roads between here and Huntsville were icy. After we heard that the roads were clear, we hopped in the car and went to Huntsville. We went to Lawren's to get Caspari Christmas cards. While there, we looked around. We had not been in there in years. They had some really beautiful things. Then we ran some more errands and headed home. We wanted to get home before dark, in case the roads got icy again.

Today, my mother had to take my cousin to Huntsville for eye surgery. I am just sitting around and watching TV. After lunch, I need to pack my car and head back home.

Only three days to work this week. It's a shame that we don't get off early on New Year's Eve. We have to work until 5:00. I would like to get home before all of the crazies get out on the road.

As I do every year at this time, I am back on my healthy eating program (aka DIET). BFF MAB always refers to it as a lifestyle adjustment. It doesn't sound as harsh. Today for lunch, I am having a fruit and nut salad from Publix. They are so good. If you live near Publix, you need to grab one. They are in the produce section. It is spring mix topped with Fuji apples, raisins, blueberries, and walnuts. I mix it with a small amount of light blue cheese dressing. YUM! I need to lose a few pounds so that I can get back into my clothes.

I hope everyone has a good Tuesday. If you live in an area that has been hit with this horrible weather, please be safe.

2 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas! Cheers to a short and safe week.

Sandra said...

You had me at Pink Cupcakes and Tab!
Good luck on the "Lifestyle Adjustment"...I am borrowing that, just so you know...