Saturday, 4 December 2010

WDE!!!!

WAR EAGLE!!! My Auburn Tigers have won the SEC Championship. They beat South Carolina 56-17. They will advance to the BSC Championship game. Of course, Cam Newton was voted the MVP. The icing on the cake will be next weekend when they announce that Cam Newton is this year's Heisman Trophy winner. It was such an exciting and emotional game. It is always exciting to see Bo Jackson on the sidelines. Former Coach Pat Dye was also there.

Yesterday, my mother and I went to Huntsville shopping. I got all of my shopping done, except for one gift. I'll stop and get it on Monday. It is something that I want to get for my mother.

This morning I woke up with a really bad cold. I went to Wal-Mart and got some Nyquil and Dayquil. I have been taking Dayquil all day. I feel so much better now.

This afternoon, I made a Queen's Cake like the one that they sell at the Raleigh Tavern Bakery in Williamsburg. That is probably one of my favorite non-chocolate cakes. While it was cooling, I went the the Christmas parade in a small town that is about 5 miles from here. My sister teaches at the little school there. Some of her students were in the parade. It was a big parade for such a small town.

Now, I am attempting to watch Sherlock Holmes on HBO.

I hope everyone enjoys the remainder of the weekend.

3 comments:

Living Life in the Lowcountry said...

So excited for Auburn! I live in SC and hate the SC gamecocks, so glad to see them get spanked!

The Preppy Princess said...

So many of our friends are Auburn fans (and grads) that it has been fun to see this all unfold. If it isn't heresy, WDE back at you!

Sending you a smile and hope your cold stays away,
tp

Donna said...

Hey Tammy, Congrats on Auburn!! They really played great. I was feeling like I was starting to have a bad headcold the day before we left to go Orange Beach at Thanksgiving. My Dr. told me to bypass the Nyquil and go straight to the Mucinex DM. I am telling you this stuff knocked everything within 24 hours. P.S. I completely understand what you mean by stating you are "trying" to watch Sherlock Holmes. I saw it at the movies and really wasn't thrilled. I found it hard to understand the accents and I watch ALOT of BBC stuff.