Sunday, 19 December 2010

I thought this was going to be a relaxing weekend, but I was wrong.

Saturday, I helped my mother clean house. After that, it was off to the grocery store to get what we needed for next weekend. On the way back, we stopped at the drugstore and a gift shop. When we got home, I made two pans of shortbread and she made fudge. My mother makes the old timey fudge with cocoa, sugar and milk. It is so good.

Saturday night, my mother went to a party. I was able to relax a little bit while she was gone.

Today, we went to church. I couldn't decide what I wanted to wear, so I was able to incorporate several items into my outfit. I wore a black Austin Reed skirt and a white turtle neck. I wanted to wear something red, so I wore a red Pendleton cardigan. I have a long black Geiger jacket, so I wore it as a coat. I wanted to wear something tartan, so I wore a muffler in the Keith tartan, our family tartan. I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to wear my gold tone Scottie dog pin or my gold tone foxhunters' horn pin, so I wore the Scottie dog pin on my cardigan and the horn pin on my jacket. This is a picture of my Geiger jacket, except mine is black. I like that I can wear it as either a jacket or a light coat.



















After church, we went to eat at a local barbecue place. I wasn't in the mood for barbecue, so I ate a cheeseburger and onion rings. YUM! After we got home, we changed clothes and went to put Christmas flowers on my father's grave. We left there and went to the car wash so that I could get the top layer of dirt off of my car. Then it was home to wash Bo. He hates taking a bath. When he saw that I had on the t-shirt that I wear when I bath him, he went and hid under the bed. We finally were able to coax him out.

I have a few last minutes errands to run before the holidays. I hope that I don't stress myself out trying to get everything done. Tuesday night, I am going to eat dinner with BFF MAB. We always treat ourselves to a nice dinner for the holidays.

I hope everyone has a nice Monday.

1 comment:

The Preppy Princess said...

Love that coat Miss Cupcakes, the whole outfit sounds great with the Austin Reed skirt & Pendleton cardigan, you were a styling gal!

Sending you a smile for the week to come,
tp