Saturday, 19 March 2011

Today was another gorgeous day. I was lazy this morning, but got out this afternoon and enjoyed the nice day.

I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but I live in an apartment. I own real estate, but I like apartment life. I am outgrowing my current apartment and went to find a new one. A former neighbor recommended her new apartments. The complex was built in the 70's, but has been kept very nice. The unit that I looked at was about twice the size of what I have now at relatively the same price. The manager showed me one that was recently vacated. At first, I was disappointed, but realized that they still needed to clean and paint. After I imagined new paint and clean floors, I began to like it. I really didn't like the building where this one is located, but the manager showed me the building where one will become available in a couple of months. I liked that area so much better. This complex is built very well, and the utilities are very low. I think I will like it there. It is in the middle of a nice neighborhood. I have a few more questions. I may call on Monday and depending on the answers, I may sign up.

After apartment hunting, I went to Ulta and then Home Goods. At Ulta, I bought some Essie nail polish and some cotton pads. At Home Goods, I bought a Laura Ashley ironing board cover and a plate rack for the sink. How exciting! Ha!

There used to be a restaurant near my parents that had a dish called Chicken Rosa. It was similar to Chicken Parmesan. It was a pan fried boneless chicken breast covered with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. It was served on a bed of spaghetti noodles with a side of green beans. Today, I had a craving for it. I decided to make it South Beach friendly. I baked the chicken with no breading. I added about 1/2 tablespoon of Italian seasoning to a large can of Publix brand of crushed tomatoes. I covered the chicken with the tomatoes, topped it with a slice of mozzarella cheese and heated it in the oven. I served it with a side of green beans. It was delicious. YUM! If I have any tomatoes leftover, I'm going to freeze them for another day.

I hope everyone enjoys the remainder of your Saturday.

No comments: