Wednesday, 29 October 2008

Last night I found a new blog called Heavy Tweed Jacket. As I was reading, I came across the October 8 post. This is how I dressed when I was in school. To tell you the truth, I wish this style of preppy was still popular. I may have to go through my closet and see if I can find some things that are similar and kind of update the look. I love plaid skirts with sweaters or blazers. I would wear a turtleneck under my oxford cloth blouses, but I'm afraid that I will look like a linebacker. I wish I could get away with wearing argyle socks and penny loafers with my skirts, but that would probably be too much.

Today, Queenie was talking about finding a second job. Her husband came by to get her credit card so that they could buy their car tags. She said that they had to buy five. She said that she could either buy tags or eat. That's why she had to put them on the credit card. She said things were really tight. She said that they had to turn on the heat and that would be a gas bill. She said that she didn't know what to do. I would have felt sorry for her, but her husband has not worked in over 15 years. When she left, she said that she was going to buy a gift for a departing coworker. My coworker's boss reprimanded us for getting all worked up over it. He said that there was nothing that we could do. It was her life. He was right, but he doesn't have it in his face everyday.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Thanks for the blog suggestion. I must admit Chuck from Gossip Girl definitely dresses like some of those past posts (and I LOVE it)

Beaufort Belle said...

Oh my...I felt like I was looking at pictures of myself from jr high through college. I so miss that style.

Anonymous said...

Oh lord, Queenie and another job...?! Then she'll truly be a piece of work. You will have to create an entire separate blog to document the Adventures of Queenie, or something like that.

:-)

Kim said...

You found him on my blogroll. I have some other guys who have good traditional clothing blogs you might want to check out, too. TNSIL, Tucker, To the Manor Born, A Trip Down South and The Trad.