Tuesday, 28 October 2008

Today, I really couldn't talk about Queenie. I wore a camel colored wool skirt that I bought at Talbots about 10 years ago. It still looks good. I wish they still made skirts like that one. It is a lined straight 100% wool skirt that comes about mid calf. It zips in the back and the best part is that it doesn't have STRETCH in the fabric. I have expressed my thoughts with Talbots a couple of times. Tomorrow I am going to wear a black skirt that is identical to it. It just goes to show you what good quality merchandise that Talbots had 10-15 years ago. Do you think that the skirts may be a bit dorky? I think that they are classic looking. Does anyone know where I can purchase skirts like these, except for Pendleton? Pendleton has a tendency to be a little on the pricey side. I saw some nice skirts from Austin Reed, but they were just as pricey as the Pendleton. I guess you pay for quality, classic goods.

2 comments:

Kappa Prep said...

My mom always says she wishes Talbots would go back to its's roots too! I think everything sounds lovely and not dorky at all!

Mom on the Run said...

The new Talbots catalog actually has some cute stuff in it that doesn't look dowdy and old ladyish.

I think they got a new person in charge of merchandise...I remember reading it somewhere.