Wednesday, 25 November 2009

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. We usually go to my sister and brother-in-law's house, but those plans got changed. They host both sides of the family, plus invite friends that don't have plans. My brother-in-law's mother has been in bad health lately, so his family wanted to eat at her house. We were invited, but it would be hard for me to get into her house. Her house is small and I take up a lot of room with my foot propped up. My mother decided that she would cook and we would eat ours at a different time. Afterwards, my sister wants to go to Huntsville for the Galaxy of Lights at the Botanical Gardens. That should be fun. I won't even have to get out of the car.

Our menu for Thanksgiving is the same as every year. We always have: Turkey and dressing (we don't call it stuffing), gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberry salad, LeSuer green peas (it's not Thanksgiving without them), canned cranberry sauce with whole cranberries, pecan pie and chocolate pecan pie. My mother makes the best dressing that I have ever tasted. I guess she learned from my grandmother. I'm the only one that likes pumpkin pie, so we don't make that, but there is a store bought pumpkin pie in the refrigerator if anyone wants a slice. Someone gave my mother a mess of turnip greens. She might cook them and share with my brother-in-law's mother.

What do you normally eat for Thanksgiving?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

We normally eat Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce both canned and homemade, Homemade rolls, Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Cream Pie!

BroncoMom said...

At the Powderpuff Palace we have mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, rolls, pecan and chocolate chip bars, pumpkin pie, green bean casserole turkey and stuffing. Wish you could come over and smell the sweetness of Thanksgiving time here at my house. Aaahhhh!

Her Preppiness said...

Happy Thanksgiving