Monday, 23 November 2009

When it rains, it pours around here. Friday, my mother went to Home Depot and bought some tulip bulbs. She planted them that afternoon. She woke up during the night itching. She realized that she had poison ivy. Her yard man got rid of it, but she said the oil was probably lingering in the grass. It is all over her right arm, her neck and her inside thigh. She went to the doctor today and got a shot and a couple of prescriptions. I know she is miserable. She is highly allergic. Many years ago, my father was burning brush behind the house. She walked out there to take him a glass of water and came right back in. The next day she was broken out with poison ivy. The doctor said that the smoke from the fire settled on her skin and it had the poison in it.

Yesterday, was a dark, rainy day. We laid around and watched TV all day. As soon as Frasier goes off, I'm going to take my bath and wash my hair. Then I'm going to get my mother to take a desk chair into the kitchen. I'm going to wash my Tea Drop tea maker and clean out the water lines with vinegar. As soon as I'm done, I'm going to make me a pot of Twining's Christmas Tea. I buy several boxes at the Fresh Market the day after Christmas. I drink it all year long. I'm thinking about ordering a tin of Harney's Cranberry Autumn and a tin of Harney's Holiday. Yes, I will drink those throughout the year also.

I hope everyone has a good Monday.

No comments: