Tuesday, 10 November 2009

I can't believe it has been so long since I last posted. It is hard for me to sit at the computer. I have a hard time propping up my foot. I try to keep up with everyone's blogs when I can.

First of all...Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. I really appreciate it.

I went to the doctor yesterday. He said everything was going well. He told me to come back in 6 weeks. He also said that I cannot put any weight on my foot until I see him again. When he wrote my work excuse, he put that I would not be able to go back to work for 6 weeks. I'm going to stay at my mother's house until Christmas. I'm hoping that in a couple of weeks, I can be a little more self-sufficient. I can get around okay on crutches, but I can't carry anything. I use a plastic grocery bag to carry light weight things. I'm trying to think of a way that I can set up some kind of station in the kitchen so that I can help with cooking, especially for Thanksgiving.

When I told Queenie that I would not be back for 6 weeks, she seemed upset. Then she said, "You're going to get off work for all of the holidays." It's not like I'm going to be partying hardy during the holidays. Then she said that I'm going to be off longer than a heart patient. I tried to explain to her that I couldn't put any weight at all on my foot. Maybe she'll get over it. My boss was really nice about it. He told me to be stay off of my foot, watch plenty of TV and read. I think I will take his advice. The only problem, there's not much on TV that I like. My mother doesn't have a DVD player, but has a VCR. We're going to Birmingham this weekend. I may bring back some movies on VHS. I've been recording stuff as I see it on, but as I said earlier, there's not much on.

Thanks again for the well wishes. I'll post when I can.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Good Luck and take care of yourself! Don't give Queenie a second thought. You know how she is . . .

BroncoMom said...

Sending you best wishes for a true recovery and healing. I am big believer of everything happens for a reason. Six weeks to heal for a lifetime of using your foot again - not so bad.
Queenie who??? Wink Wink....