Tuesday, 13 April 2010

Sunday after church, my mother and I went to a local restaurant for lunch. While we were there, there was an anniversary party going on. The couple go to our church. They had the most unusual cake. It was a couple laying in bed. The woman had her head on the man's chest. The man was scratching the belly of a dog laying on the other side. Beside the bed was a dog bed. It was very creative. We found out that the cake was made by Duff from "Ace of Cakes". Someone went all the way to Baltimore to get the cake. Is that not too cool?

I don't know if I have mentioned this, but Queenie and I work side by side now. Even though she can get on my nerves, I feel really bad for her. I guess since we work so close, she says things about her husband without thinking. I pretend it goes over my head. Her husband has not worked for over 15 years...at all. Queenie is the sole bread winner of the household. Her husband is a pack rat. Their house is wall to wall junk. She is taking vacation next week just to make him clean out the junk and sell it at a yard sale. I think he may be resisting. Today he was late to pick her up because he was at the junk yard, buying more junk. And, he was probably spending her money. I don't know how she puts up with him. It would be different if he were a nice guy. He takes advantage of her and puts her down every chance he gets. Even though he brings her to work and then picks her up, she has to call and remind him to come get her. Then she has to go home and cook dinner. If my husband didn't work, he'd have my dinner on the table when I got home. Okay, I've had my say. I can't say too much about her. She was great to carry my load while I was out with my broken foot. I just hope her life works out for her.

I finally ordered the Tretorns with the pink gullwings. I've been talking about ordering them for a couple of weeks. I thought they would be great to wear with all of my pink clothes, especially the Lilly. I'll be glad when it warms up a little bit more. I'm ready to wear my skirts and dresses...with my Tretorns.

I hope everyone has a good Wednesday. If you are an Ugly Betty fan, don't forget that tomorrow night is the series finale.

3 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

Wow thats so awful! She should get the Hoarders people to come and sort out her husband!

I love my Tretorns! Oooo I feel so happy when I wear them :O)

I am so sad about Betty :O( It is such a good show!

Anonymous said...

How come YOU don't have a husband and spend all your time with your mother? IDK.....just seems weird that you buy so much stuff instead of looking for a life partner.

Miss Janice said...

I don't know if I could put up that man!:)