Monday, 9 May 2011

I had another busy weekend. 

Friday night on the way to my mother's house, I stopped off in Huntsville for the visitation for my coworker's husband.  When I got home, my mother and I went to dinner.

Saturday, we got up early.  My mother went to a pancake breakfast.  When she got home, we went to Huntsville.  I told her that I would let her pick out her Mother's Day present.  She wanted something to wear to church.  We went to Belk's, Dillard's and Christopher & Banks.  There was nothing to be found.  Everything at Belk's and Dillard's looked like leftovers that they were trying to unload.  Belk's didn't even have any decent Lilly Pulitzer or Vineyard Vines.  My mother used to have luck at Talbot',s but she complained that everything now was geared to size 2 twenty somethings.  Where is a good place to buy decent clothes nowadays?  We then went to Publix so that my mother could replace all of the refrigerated food that she had to throw away after the electricity was off for five days.  Then it was home to watch the Kentucky Derby.

Sunday, we went to church.  After church, my sister and brother-in-law took us to lunch at Ruby Tuesday's.  We had to wait almost an hour for a table.  After lunch, we came home and gave Bo a bath.  Then we went to the car wash for my mother to wash and vacuum her car.  Then it was time for me to drive back home. 

Tonight, I decided to relax and watch my shows.  Yes, tonight is Monday.  I have to watch Gossip Girl and Hawaii Five-O.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Talbots really does have a selection for you and old. I'm sure she could find something there! xoxo

Kim said...

You must have a good Belk because there's no way ours carries Lilly Pulitzer or Vineyard Vines. I call it Blek because everything in the store where I live is frumpy. Kim Rogers galore.

Anonymous said...

I feel as if the whole world is geared toward size 2 twenty-somethings!