Sunday, 29 May 2011

What a busy weekend.

When I got to my mother's house Thursday night, we immediately headed to visitation for my cousin's widow.  She was always good to sit with the sick and go to the funeral home.  I felt like we owed it to her.  Afterwards, we stopped by Wendy's for me to get a salad.

Friday, I got ready and we went to another visitation.  I wore a black Austin Reed skirt, white LL Bean tee, a apple green Lands' End cardigan and my black/white Jack Rogers sandals.  I also wore my pearls, apple green/pewter earrings, my "Return to Tiffany's" bracelet and my narrow Tiffany ID bracelet.  After lunch, we went to my cousin's widow's funeral.  I'm glad that we went, because there was a small crowd.  We drove through the cemetery where my father is buried.  We heard reports of vandalism in the cemetery and just wanted to check on things.  We decided to get chicken fingers from Jack's for dinner.  We changed clothes and headed to graduation.  Graduation was at 7:00.  We got there at 6:00 and had a hard time finding a seat.  In this town, people go to graduation just because it is Friday night and they don't have anything else to do.  Some don't even have a connection to any of the students.  I wore a blue/yellow/green print Lilly Pulitzer shift (I don't remember the print name), an apple green Lands' End cardigan, Ermine with sable Stephen Bonanno sandals, pearls, gold scallop shell earrings and a gold single charm bracelet.  After graduation, we went with my sister, brother-in-law, nephew and his friend to Ruby Tuesday's.  Since my mother and I had already eaten, we just ordered cupcakes.  YUM!  While there we visited with my cousin's family.  My cousin was also my godfather.  He was killed in Vietnam.  His children are my age range. One of the granddaughters graduated this time. 

Saturday, we decided to rest.  My cousin called and asked if we wanted to go to lunch.  We went to a barbecue place.  I wasn't in the mood for barbecue so I got a cheeseburger and onion rings.  The onion rings were what I wanted.  My food was really good.  Then we came home and ran a couple of errands.  After dinner, we just sat around and watched Britcoms.

Today, we went to church and then to lunch.  I wore my Lilly Pulitzer Creme Fraiche shift, Lilly Pulitzer hot pink cardigan, pink/green plaid Jack Rogers sandals, pearls, gold scallop shell earrings and gold single charm bracelet.  After church, we gave Bo a bath.  We then went to the cemetery to check on things and check on the vandalism.  None of our family had any vandalism.  As we were leaving for the cemetery, we noticed that our neighbors were outside painting their house.  We went to Sonic and bought them lemon slushes.  They seemed very appreciative.

Now we are laying under the air conditioning watching TV.

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day.

No comments: