Thursday, 5 May 2011

This has been a weird week.  For some reason, I am not able to get enough sleep.  I go to bed early and sleep until the alarm sounds.  I feel like I'm not getting enough sleep for some reason.  I could be stress from all of the bad news we've had.

People at work have been volunteering to help with the storm clean up.  I am going to help with the food drive.  Queenie is taking tomorrow off to help with a phone center.  She is not physically or financially able to help, and this is something that she will be able to do. 

A coworker's husband passed away last Thursday and she was in limbo for several days due to lack of electricity.  She finally got electricity Tuesday afternoon and could make funeral arrangements.  Visitation is tomorrow night in Huntsville.  I'm going to stop by on my way to my mother's house.  I have felt so bad for her.  She is exhausted from all of this.

The other day Charlie Sheen was in Tuscaloosa.  I thought, "If Alabama didn't have enough to worry about, now they have Charlie Sheen!"  I had to eat my words.  He actually wants to help these people.  He went to Best Buy and bought all of the flashlights and batteries, plus he has set up a website to take donations.  At least he is helping.

These people still need our thoughts and prayers.

I hope everyone has a great Friday. 

No comments: