Saturday, 19 July 2008

I had a fairly calm day yesterday. Queenie was even nice, until about 3:30 and she had a come apart. She threatened to quit and find another job. I told the other girls about it and they said that she says that all the time. I wouldn't know because she hasn't been speaking to me lately. I asked what was wrong with her and they said "Stress" with a sarcastic tone. We are all under stress, I don't know why she feels she's different. I bet it's because she sat at her desk with nothing to do for so long and now she has work to do, she can't handle it. Fifteen minutes after her come apart she had her desk packed up and was ready to go.

I did something embarrassing yesterday. My boss is out of the country on vacation for a couple of weeks. I went into his office and found a bag of fresh produce: potatoes, tomatoes, corn, peppers, and squash. Not enough for a family (he has 4 kids). I panicked. All I could think of was rotten vegetables and fruit flies. I emailed him and told him someone left him the produce and that I would find a home for it. I divided it up amongst all the girls on the floor. Two and a half hours later I receive an email that he knew about it and that this guy on the 8th floor was to come get it. Oh no! It was too late to get it back. I called the guy and apologized. He acted like he thought it was funny. He said he forgave me, but I would never forget. If someone gives me some fresh produce next weekend, I need to share with him.

This morning I cleaned house and now I'm trying to get up off my butt and walk on the treadmill. I want to get it over with so that I can relax and do what Tammy wants the rest of the day. If only there were something good on TV that would take my mind off it.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend.

1 comment:

Hopsy said...

Queenie sure is a piece of work!

I too would have done the same thing with the produce, you are not alone. Just make it up to that man by doing a little something special for him next week!