Monday, 21 July 2008

My air conditioner died yesterday afternoon. It had enough juice to make it through the night. It was not real cool in here, but it was cool enough. They put in a new compressor today. He didn't finish until 6:00 tonight. It is cooling off fast. It got up to almost 100 today. The air conditioner man said the heat index where he was working was 114. OUCH! Maybe it will be cool enough by 7:30 for me to walk on the treadmill. If not I won't die. This morning when I was leaving for work at 7:25, I saw my next door neighbor returning from her walk. She was soaking wet with sweat. It took a while for summer to get here, but I'm afraid it is finally here.

I went to the Summit yesterday to do some shopping. I was going to go to Belk's and then walk to Sephora. Then I was going to go to J. Crew and then tackle the stairs to Barnes and Noble. I went to Belk's then drove to Sephora and then came back home. It was too hot to shop.

I hear a rumbling that sounds like thunder. It's not suppose to rain, but I won't complain if it does. Maybe it will cool off a little bit. Or maybe it will just make the heat wet (as they say in "Rear Window")

4 comments:

cancersucks said...

It is too hot here, too. I suggest www.etsy.com for a cool escape once your air conditioner is back on again.

Preppy Engineer said...

It is Hot, Hot , Hot here too! Shopping indoors with air conditionoing is the way to go.

hicktowndiva said...

I love me the Summit, but it is a big haul walking around to everything I want to shop at! And hot, too!

Anonymous said...

I cannot comprehend such heat!! I think Britain is the only country anywhere that is getting colder with global warming - I am sat here wearing a tshirt plus woll cricket sweater contemplating putting the heating on!