Wednesday, 17 June 2009

Last night, I watched a good classic movie, Rear Window. It doesn't get any classier than Grace Kelly and Jimmy Stewart. Tonight, I watched Making the Grade. It doesn't get any cheesier than Judd Nelson and Andrew Dice Clay. I love all of the preppy clothes in Making the Grade. Pink and green, Gordon plaid, fair isle sweaters, OCBDs, tweed blazers, wool shorts with cable knit socks, penny loafers, pearls, Lacostes (or Izods as they were known back then) and madras. Brings back great memories.

As I've said before, I still own clothes like that...and I wear them. I remember a pair of kelly green chinos that I wore all of the time. The people that I worked with made fun of me because I was so preppy. There was only one other preppy girl at work and she was rather silly. After a while, everyone got used to me.

Today, when I got to work, Queenie was crying. Her boss called her this morning to let her know that he was let go. There were a lot of other unwelcome changes. It has changed a lot of people's attitudes. I'm afraid that something outrageous is going to happen in the next couple of weeks. Scary, scary times.

I hope everyone has a good Thursday. I'll have to think about what movie I want to watch tomorrow night. Will it be Legally Blonde, Charade, Trading Places or Nancy Drew?

No comments: