Wednesday, 16 December 2009

I'm still dog sitting. He has been asleep most of the day. He did move over to my lap for about 15 minutes, then back to his chair. I have a feeling that we are going to be dog sitting this weekend. My sister and brother-in-law are going out of town to a family get together.

Today, I have been watching a recording of the Andrea Bocelli Christmas special that aired on our local PBS station. Apparently, I have enjoyed it, because I have watched it several times. When he sings "The Lord's Prayer" with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, I get chills. He is a very talented singer.

I've finished my shopping and mailed my cards. We have some baking to do and we'll be ready for the holidays. I always breath a sigh of relief when I get to this point. A few months ago, my mother and I vowed that we were going to get everything done by the December 1, so that we could sit back enjoy the season. We were going to have a small Christmas party. But....I broke my foot and can't participate very much. Maybe next year.

I hope everyone enjoys the remainder of the day.

I also want to wish a Happy Hannakah to those who celebrate it.

2 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

I always say the same thing and never get it all done by the 1st!

BroncoMom said...

My intentions are always to have it all finished by a certain date...yeah yeah yeah. Never works that way always something that disturbs that plan. Oh well, just have to make the most of it and MOVE on......
I enjoy your blog.