Monday, 16 June 2008

I had a busy weekend. I worked at the store Saturday from 8:00 am until midnight. I did take a break around 2:00 to go to WalMart (oh, the horrors). Sunday, my mother and I went to church, then to lunch with my cousin, went home and changed clothes, went to the cemetary to put flowers on my father's grave and then to another cemetary to meet up with more cousins for a mini family reunion. Then we came back home and cooked dinner for my sister and brother-in-law. Every body that came by on Saturday gave us some squash and cucumbers. I will be living on baked squash and cucumbers this week. My mother and I also cooked a roast, green beans, potatoes, fried squash, baked squash, cole slaw and cornbread. We ate like pigs. Then I had to drive 2 hours back to Birmingham.

Today was very busy at work. We got new computers, plus I had other things to do. The big conversion is this weekend. Our department is being converted tonight. Our department has our own IT guy. I guess working in the Executive Department has its advantages. I thought he was just for the guys, but he is also helping the other executive secretary and I. They don't want any screw-ups in our department.

Tonight I am going to start back walking on the treadmill. I am dreading it. Maybe I can walk while I watch "Gossip Girl". I need a distraction. Wish me luck.

No comments: