Sunday, 2 March 2008

There's a soda fountain in the town where my mother lives. I have been eating there since I was a kid. It has changed owners only 3 times in the past 50 years. I did not care for the last person that had it. I have not eaten there in about 3 years because of the poor customer service that I have received. The last time I was in there, I stood there for a long time and never got waited on, so I left. One of the old owners has taken it back. I went there Saturday for the first time in years. I had a pimento cheese sandwich and chips. They toast their sandwiches in an old timey sandwich machine. My sister always gets a slaw dog. Their hot dog slaw is made of chopped cabbage, ketchup and chili sauce. If you order a coke (or diet coke), they fill a glass with ice, pump a few squirts of coke syrup in it, then fill it with carbonated water and stir. During the week it is real busy. During homecoming at the local high school, it is impossible to get in the door. Don't you just love places like that. The decor and menu has not changed since I was a child. After I got off work at the store, my mother and I drove to Huntsville to do a few errands. While there I went to The Pink Pelican. It was nice to see all the new Lilly and Vineyard Vines. The store is in the process of offering Stephan Bonanno sandals. They will have their samples in about 3 weeks. I can't wait to go back and order a pair. I would order them from Vivian, but I have such a narrow foot that I'm afraid that I might get them too wide. I want to try on the samples before I order. Belk's had some Lilly and Lacoste on sale, but I didn't see anything that I couldn't live without. Sunday was a lazy day. I read and watched TV most of the day. Monday, it's supposed to be stormy all day. I hope we don't have tornados. I made some stew to eat when I get home. Yum!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like the 4 way stop in Cartersville GA...I grew up in C-town and it was always great & packed! Wow...I have not thought about that place for a longgggg time!

Linda S said...

I didn't think there were soda shops anywhere!

Love Pimento cheese!!!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

We have one just like that here. They do that syrup thing for my diet coke! Unfortunately they do charge for refills :(

I always get the turkey & cheese toasted sandwich & chips. And their shakes are heavenly.

LOVE LOVE LOVE those places. If this one shut down I'd be devastated.