Monday, 11 August 2008

Saturday night, my mother and I went to the National Guard reunion. We got there too early. We were so bored. After the meal, a trio sang a few songs. They were really good. After the reunion, we went to a going away party for a friend of the family that has been deployed to Iraq. Sunday, we went to Huntsville shopping. After we went to Sam's and Staple's, we headed to Belk's. Clinique is having gift with purchase right now. I got makeup and concealer. I also bought a Lilly white tee for $7.99. I thought that was a good deal. My mother bought my sister a pair of capris and two tees and paid less than $20 for all three pieces.

I've been addicted to the Olympics this year. Tonight, I'm going to watch the swimming. Margaret Hoezler and Kirsty Coventry both went to Auburn (my alma mater). War Eagle, girls! Rowdy Gaines, the commentator for the swimming was at Auburn when I was there, but I never met him. I did go a few times to watch him swim at meets. I read where there are 27 athletes with Auburn ties. We'll have to see how well they do. I'm also cheering for Michael Phelps. I hope he wins all gold medals.

No comments: