Tuesday, 5 August 2008

Today at lunch I finished "Ham Biscuits, Hostess Gowns, and Other Southern Specialties" by Julia Reed. Thanks to A Whale of a Time for recommending it. I have read one of Julia Reed's other books, "Queen of the Turtle Derby". I highly recommend both books. "Ham Biscuits, Hostess Gowns" about starved me to death. When I go off my diet, I'm going to have to have a ham biscuit, a pimento cheese sandwich, red velvet cake, and some ice cream. I had some eggs in the refrigerator that I didn't know what to do with, so like any southern lady, I made deviled eggs. I used dill pickles instead of sweet pickletts because I can't have the sugar on my diet. I will eat the last of them tomorrow for lunch. YUM! I can eat an entire deviled egg plate full of deviled eggs. There is an article and except from the book in the recent issue of "Taste of the South".

I finally took everyone's advice and watched "Mad Men". I really liked it. Now I need to buy season one on DVD and catch up. I'll check at Sam's this weekend and see if they have it.

3 comments:

tickledpink said...

I just bought Season 1 of Mad Men at Target two days ago. Hope you find one!:)

hicktowndiva said...

I'm so glad you liked the book, Tammy. I am jealous of your deviled eggs..those are my favorite! That book does make you hungry, doesn't it?

Kim said...

If you have Comcast OnDemand, you can watch it for free. All of last year's episodes were still on it last week.

I did buy the dvd set at Walmart the day it came out (before it was OnDemand) Oh well