Sunday, 3 August 2008

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes. I had a great day. Today, my sister and brother-in-law were supposed to take my mother and I out for an early dinner. My cousin was going with us. About 10 minutes before my sister was to pick us up, my cousin came over and said that my sister called her and said my brother-in-law had just gotten in the shower and we were just going to meet over at their house. My cousin drove us over there. When we got there, just my sister's car was in the drive, but we could hear people laughing and talking in the back yard. When we went in there were about 50 people there. They had thrown us a surprise party. My mother and I sort of suspected something. My sister's BFF's brother let it slip. He saw the invitation at his parent's house. We went along with him. I was really surprised to see BFF MAB there. She drove up from Birmingham. I didn't think my sister knew how to get in touch with her, but she said that she had old emails from me where I had forwarded things to people. Most of the people were friends of my parents. There were a few relatives. It was a fun party. I think my sister said she invited 125 people. Many had conflicts and some she didn't hear back from. I even went off my diet and ate some party cookies from a local bakery. YUM! My sister had two cakes, one for me and one for my mother. They were beautiful. Mine was a three tiered white cake with white frosting with green decorations. My mother's was a two tiered chocolate cake with light chocolate frosting. I took a bite of each. They were both good. I just wish my father could have been there. He would not have been able to keep it a secret.

Have a good Monday.

3 comments:

tickledpink said...

That was so sweet of your sister to throw you and your mother a surprise party. The cakes sound so yummy. Glad you had a fun birthday!

hicktowndiva said...

Happy belated b-day, Tammy! Sounds like a great party!

Hopsy said...

This is such fun! I am glad you got to celebrate in style and enjoy your day with family and friends!