Monday, 12 January 2009

I Hate My New DVR

As I may have posted, I received a DVR/VCR for Christmas. I have worked and worked trying to get this thing to record. Here are the problems that I am encountering:
1. In order to use the time recording function, I need either a cable box or satellite box. An old VCR will work. When my sister purchased it, the salesperson told her that nothing else would be needed.
2. In order to use the time recording function, I need to put the TV on the channel that I intend to record. I cannot watch one thing and record another at the same time.
3. If I use the time recording, I can only program it to record one show, because the channel does not change.

Does anyone else have a DVR/VCR like this? I asked the CSR at the manufacturer if anyone had ever complained about it and he said that he had no statistics to look at. He said that all VCR's are like that. I think (no, I know) I am going to take it back and see if I can exchange it for something that fits my needs, even if it is just a VCR/DVD combo. I'm tired of fooling with it. Since the salesperson mislead my sister and the box is misleading, I intend to receive full credit.

Now, I need to get in here and hook-up my old VCR. It's a dinosaur, but it works. My VCR/DVD combo does not record very well.

P.S. The VHR/DVR is all boxed up and ready to go back to Best Buy. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Kate said...

It sucks that you can't watch something different while you are recording! I hope you figure it out asap!