Tuesday, 13 January 2009

Only in Alabama

If you are not from Alabama, you probably wouldn't notice that anytime someone commits a crime or does something stupid, there's an Alabama connection. Jeffrey Dahmer was stationed in Alabama when he was in the Army. Thank goodness he didn't find his way back. There's always somebody from Alabama on Jerry Springer. Now that pilot that tried to fake his own death, jumped out of his plane about 15 miles south of where I live. Why can't they go to Georgia or Mississippi? We need to guard our borders better.

I went to Ruths' Chris with BFF for our Christmas dinner. The food was satisfactory. It was not as good as in the past. It wasn't bad, but yet it wasn't exceptionally good. I will say that the Baby Arugala salad was wonderful. I could have eaten two plates of that and forgotten the steak. The atmosphere and the service were excellent as usual. I gave her some Vera Wang powder and a Tervis Auburn mug. She gave me a mini Illuminations jar candle with shade, a teapot night light, a jewelry bag and a gift card for Z Gallerie. Can't wait to go to Z Gallerie.

It is supposed to get really cold here this week. It is supposed to go down to 9 degrees Friday night. I know you folks up North don't want to hear me whine, but we are not used to it. Just like you are not used to the 105 that we have in the summer. I know people from Chicago and Minnesota that say that they cannot stand the cold weather down here. They say it is a different kind of cold. The air will pierce you. We don't get snow, we get a layer of ice with snow packed down on top. It is hilly here, so that does not do well with snow and ice.

If you live somewhere where the weather is frightful, bundle up and stay warm.

2 comments:

*Pink Preppy Party Girl* said...

We have had a few crazies from Michigan too. Must be all that fresh water!

tickledpink said...

Trust me we have some crazies in Mississippi! I know it's cold here too, and I think Thursday night it's suppose to get down to 16 degrees! Man, I am ready for summer! Have a good week and stay warm!:)