Saturday, 25 April 2009

BFF MAB emailed me yesterday to see if I was going to go play in the park. I didn't know what she was talking about. She reminded me that there was an art show in Linn Park downtown. I met her there at lunch and walked around for 45 minutes. There was a lot of nice art for sale. There was no junk. If I didn't like something, it was just a matter of taste and not because it was tacky. I bought a pewter cheese spreader. It had a Fleur de lis handle. I bought it as a present for ME. There was free food, but I didn't eat. I was afraid that I might pay for it later, if you know what I mean. It was nice to get out and get some sunshine and fresh air. I need to start back doing that every Friday.

Last night, I worked at Relay for Life. Instead of a walk, the teams have a booth and sell things. Some sell baked goods, some sell raffle tickets, someone was even selling kisses. I didn't check them out. Our team sold barbecue sandwiches, popcorn and lemonade. We sold our of sandwiches. We cleared over $1,000. There was a lot of good entertainment. That was an 11 year old boy that sang. He was great. He sang a lot of songs from the 50's and 60's. The daughter of a former Miss Alabama sang. I didn't like her choice of music, but she had a great voice. It makes me feel so good to help out with this cause. It is really touching to see all the survivors take their lap. It was scheduled to be from 6:00 pm until 6:00 am this morning, but we left at 10:00. We were tired.

This morning, I went to the Kiwanis pancake breakfast. I got a take out, because I didn't want to sit and eat by myself with all of the old men. My sister would have, but that's the difference with her and me.

The sale of the store is supposed to close on Monday. Wish us luck.

No comments: