Thursday, 2 April 2009

The weather did not get as bad as they predicted...thank goodness. We've had a few rounds of heavy rain, but they only last for a few minutes. There's a storm about 50 miles west of here. It will probably be here in about an hour and a half. I may go to bed soon, but I'm going to leave the radio on so that I can wake up if there is a weather warning.

This afternoon, we were told that we could leave work early because of the bad weather. Queenie called her husband to come get her. He told her that he couldn't right then, because he had to take the cats out. (to do what, I don't know). Forty-five minutes later, she was still there.

The bank is installing a new security system. We got an email today saying that they would be testing the system tomorrow and Monday. We are to disregard any message to evacuate the building. On another note, new fire wardens were appointed. I received orange vests that each of the fire wardens and their backup are suppose to wear in case of a fire or fire drill. I went from floor to floor passing them out today. Late this afternoon, the building management called me to tell me that a woman on the 8th floor complained to them that she did not get a vest to wear when we had to evacuate tomorrow. Bless her heart! We couldn't figure out how she got that all mixed up. I don't know how I got to be chief fire warden, but I do get to wear an orange vest. Lucky me.

I hope everybody has a nice Friday. If the weather gets bad in your area, try to stay safe.

No comments: