Monday, 27 April 2009

We closed on the store today. I didn't know whether to be sad or relieved. Everyone we told seemed happy for us. The people that bought it seem very nice. The girl that worked for us for many years called tonight and quit. She told the new owners some things about us that were not true. She was mad because the new people wouldn't immediately give her a raise and better benefits. I think they were blindsided by her demands. My mother is going to open the store and stay there until the new owners can get there. I don't think that they were prepared for her to quit so soon. My mother agreed to help them off and on until they get their ducks in a row.

On a better note, my mother and I went to Huntsville Sunday so that she could buy a new computer for her home. She has always used the computer that my dad bought years ago for the store. While in Huntsville, we went to Belk's. My mother waited patiently while I tried on Lilly Pulitzer dresses that were on sale. I ended up buying two. One is a khaki shirt dress with pink in the yoke and on the reverse cuff of the sleeve. The other is medium blue with a white monkey pattern. I wanted the navy and blue shirt dress that was made like the khaki, but they didn't have it in my size. Tomorrow, I may stop at Belk's at the Summit and see if they have it.

I'm going to have to change my profile on my blog from working at the liquor store on the weekends. Any ideas about what I can say?

I hope everyone had a good weekend and a good Monday.

No comments: