Sunday, 19 April 2009

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Saturday was a beautiful day, but I was so tired that it was hard to enjoy it.

I wish that Mother Nature would cooperate so that I could have something to post about other than the bad weather. I left my mother's house early today so that I could dodge the tornadoes. Luckily I was driving just south of the bad weather. Our region does not need any more bad weather. People are still without power and yards are covered with fallen trees. One family lost over 200 trees. That's an entire forest to me. I heard on the news that the Guntersville Yacht Club received some damage and a dock broke loose, but I really didn't think that much of it. On my way to my mother's, I was rounding a curve and all of a sudden right beside the causeway was a huge yacht. I mean, you could step off the highway onto the shoulder and then onto the yacht, it was that close. Not only that, but there were about 10-15 lined up beside it. I almost wrecked. I saw on the news that they were stuck there. There's one yacht that is stuck and has the other pinned up against the bank. Luckily, no one was seriously injured. Many parts of home town look like a war zone. You have to be careful driving up and down streets, because of all of the debris. There a trees lining the sides of the streets. The Red Cross has been wonderful. They have been driving through neighborhoods giving people bottled water and non-perishable heavy snacks. Luckily, my mother's neighborhood did not receive much damage. Only a few trees that fell across the street. All of this caused by something called a "gravity wave", whatever that is.

The sale of the store has been postponed for another week. Hopefully everything will go smoothly. We are looking forward to the free time. I am going to keep start a personal file for everything to do with the sale, so that as soon as I get my W-2's for 2009, I can hand it over to the accountant. He can take it from there.

I hope everyone has a Good Monday (if that is possible)

No comments: